Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Log Date : 29 Februari 2024

 A leap year.

Sebuah tahun yang dimana hari ini hanya akan datang 4 tahun lagi. Tanggal 29 Februari. What will happen today? I wrote this post at five in the morning, while Selvy, Zell and Raffa still sleeping at their best. I made a cup of instant coffee, move out my laptop and keyboard to the living room, and pull out the Mee-Do chair. Accompanied by the sound of small waterfall on the mini aquarium we had and a constant sizzling sound of the rain outside with a pinch of thunders. Today might be a one different day. Might be.

Rereading several posts I've made here, makes me realize how inconsistent I am as a writer. And I think I want to fix it. I have decided that 2024 will be the year that I'm back as The Writer. Will it be FromTheseGlasses or Journal of Memory or my long forgotten stories or brand new short stories or maybe a compendium of lore for FromTheseRolls - I will write. What ever it will be. Let's see how many writings will it be in the end of December 2024.

On the other note but still relevant with the passion of Writing that came up suddenly as I rereading the first chapter of Jack Keroac's On The Road several hour before I decided to bring my laptop to the living room, I also wanted to read more. And somehow, recently, I find reading meeting proceedings are pleasant. Not just that, but also reading scientific journals that made by people who do hard working and spending their time researching giving me such willingness to read. So I decided that I want to add more readings this years, from fiction to scientific journals. But please - no non-fiction books of management, leadership, soul-soup bullshit.

Tuhkan, jadi pake bahasa Inggris.

No comments:

Post a Comment